In accordance with Décret “of Bologna” and Arrêté “Crossovers”, the admission requirements are the following ones:
1. Access with the master in computer sciences for the carriers of one of the following titles (or an education considered to be equivalent by Commissions de Jurys in charge of the Admissions) with a programme of the first year of the master of 75 appropriations maximum:a) Master in sciences of the Engineering technology graduate subspecializations automation, electrical engineering, electromechanics, Electronics, data processing or mechanical engineering;b) Master in corporate sciences, subspecializations Electronics or data processing;c) Specialization in Health Informatics;d) First cycle academic degree of Bachelor in Computer Sciences.
2. Access at the preparatory year with the master in computer sciences for the carriers of one of the following titles (or of an education considered to be equivalent by Commissions de Jurys in charge of the Admissions):a) Bachelor in Management Information Systems;b) Bachelor in Information and Computer Systems;c) Bachelor in Industrial Sciences (long cycle).
3. With the general terms fixed by the Academic authorities, possible access to the preparatory year with the master in computer sciences, and possible access to the master in computer sciences with a programme of the first year of Master of 75 appropriations maximum:a) Portor of an Academic of a university.
4. Following a procedure of rating, possible access to the preparatory year with the master in computer sciences for the people having acquired experience of the knowledge and the skills in data processing, by an personal experience and professional corresponding to at least 5 businesss year.
The foreign students are invited to consult the procedure of Admissions for the foreign students.
According to the Bologna decree, the necessary diplomas must result from the university education of full exercise organized in Higher Education Institution, or course organized by the establishments of improvement courses which deliver equivalent titles.
A person wishing to register with the master in computer sciences respects the following procedure:
In the case of the admission requirement 4, the person contacts adviser APEL and sends the request fileof Admissions to him finish off.
After treatment of her file, the person registers administratively, at the latest for on September 30th, at Service of registrations of Université.
- in Mons: Place Warocqué, 17,7000-Mons - in Charleroi: Boulevard Joseph II, 38-40, 6000-Charleroi.
The procedure of rating is imposed in the case of the admission requirement 4. It also can the being in case 3.
The procedure of rating consists of:
1) The study of the file composed by the candidate. 2) A test, one three hours duration, organized in Charleroi on Saturday, August 28, 2010 (of 09:30 to 12:30). This one includes/understands:
a. Des questions of logical and mathematical reasoning. These questions aim at the capacities of reasoning and abstraction of the candidate on a series of logical and mathematical problems more or less complex. B. Questions about the databases, more precisely about the operation of a SQL query of the type SELECT. C. Des questions about the architectural engineering of the computers like prerequisites for classes of operation systems, more precisely about the internal organization of the computers (operation of the processors, organization of the memory, access to the peripherals, binary coding of information,…).Reference books: - Organization and Architecture of Ordinateur, W. Stallings, 6th or 7th edition. - Architecture of the computer, A. Tanenbaum, Pearson Education, 5th edition. D. Des questions about the algorithmic one and programming, those having for objectives: - to evaluate the capacity to include/understand a given algorithm; - to test the aptitude to build algorithms; - to evaluate basic knowledge into algorithmic and programming.Reference books: - Downey, A., Think Python: how to think like has computer scientist, Green Tea Press (2009). Available on line: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.html. - Aho, A. and Ullman, J., Basic concepts of Computer science, Dunod (1993).
3) A possible interview with the candidate.
At the conclusion of this procedure, the candidate is informed of the answer to his application.